Oxfam, a world-wide development organization that mobilizes the power of people against poverty, is going to organise a Public Hearing on Right to Food, jointly with National Human Rights Commission.
The hearing will highlight the prevailing challenges on right to food issues of Bangladesh and raise public awareness on the need for protection and promotion of the right to food of the poor and vulnerable people of the Bangladesh.
It also aims to benefit from the hearing to strengthen the call for a right to food law in Bangladesh as part of Oxfam’s global campaign for food and climate justice GROW.
When: 27 October, Monday 2014, from 9.30 am-16.30 pm
Where: CIRDAP Auditorium, Chameli House, 17 Topkhana Road, Dhaka.
· Welcome: Monisha Biswas, Manager, Policy Advocacy Manager, Oxfam
· Chief Guest: Md. Fazle Rabbi Miah, MP- Honorable Deputy Speaker
· Opening remarks: Prof.Dr. Mizanur Rahman, Chairman, NHRC, Bangladesh
· Solidarity remarks: Dr. Qazi Kholiquzzaman Ahmad, Chairman, PKSF
Public Hearing Session:
Representatives from Barguna, Sherpur, Gaibandha, Bogra, Meherpur,and Kurigram
· Dr. Protima Paul Majumder, Former Senior Research Fellow, BIDS
· Fowzul Azim, Secretary in Charge, Law Commission, Bangladesh
· Barrister Sara Hossain, Advocate, Supreme Court of Bangladesh,
· Nadia C. S. Lambek, Human Rights Lawyer, and Expert on Right to Food
· Chief Guest: Advocate Md. Qamrul Islam- Honorable Minister, Ministry of Food
· Closing Remarks: Snehal V. Soneji, Country Director, Oxfam
· Vote of thanks: Prof.Dr. Mizanur Rahman, Chairman, NHRC, Bangladesh